Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Still here 6 years after surgery

I don't post frequently because the mundane aspects of life are boring. No one likes a blog where people say " well I took the trash out today".
Years, looking back many now my husband and I set out to chronicle my life. My life back then if one could call that a life I call it an existance.
The emails from others who know the pain come less frequently. My purpose was to chronicle what happened after ground breaking surgery.
I have survived 6 years post surgery, taking each day as they come. I have attempted to be transparent to all. I still have pain, and there are days that are spend in bed flat, but there are days that are full of joy.
My only goal is to attend church service 3 times per month. I manage my time with the daily aspects of life and my only hobby is machine embroidery which is not real physically taxing. I have 2 grand daughters who love to have Disney princesses embroidered on their t shirts and such. Being unable to get out for lessons it is amazing what one call learn from you tube and yahoo groups.
I have added a picture taken of me and my dear sweet husband. We were at a formal event. I am so very proud of him. If anyone has read the blog Michael was working on his BSN and last year he finished is MSN. Currently he is a nurse practitioner. No one ever said life would be easy, but Jesus promised he would be with us. This I have learned to be true. To God be the Glory!
I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 NIV

2 comments:

Sardisgrandma said...

Not sure if this blog is still active. I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Cancer. They did a Whipple 4 wks ago. This surgery removed all but an inch or so of my pancreas, part of my duodenum and stomach. I feel awful everyday. I'm always nauseaous and continue to have pain periodically. I cant sleep as regardless what side I lie on it pushes on my insides and causes pain. I feel so bad I can not get interested in anything. If I take a pain pill I get some relief but soon they'll be gone and I dont want to have to depend on pills!!! They tell me it'll be 4 months to heal but I feel the same as I did right after surgery. Has anyone got any words of hope or is this my "new life?" Bbooth992003@yahoo.com

Lisa Atwell said...

Sardisgrandma,
This blog is always active as far as I am concerned. As long as I live I will answer questions for people or find the answer. This blog is for you and others like yourself. It is to show that you are not alone, and are not walking a path untaken. I sent you an email. I am not sure if you received it since I have not heard back from you. Check your email and if not let me know and I will send it again.

About Me

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.